- On 28-30 July this year, Prudential plc will host the 2017 Prudential RideLondon three-day festival of cycling, where more than 150 colleagues from across the Prudential Group will be representing Team Prudential to complete either a 100 or 46 mile challenge takes place on Sunday 30 July.
- From Asia, 21 Prudential staff members will join Team Prudential and help raise funds for Save the Children (http://savethechildren.org.hk/default.aspx?lang=en). Prudential plc will match all donations raised by each rider up to the value of £250 for 100 mile riders and £125 for 46 mile riders.
- Funds raised will go towards supporting Save the Children’s “Primary Health Care Programme” in Laos PDR’s Sayabouly Province. Under the programme, more than 1,000 healthcare workers and close to 900 community healthcare workers will be trained to provide healthcare services to around 45,000 children and 107,000 women of reproductive age in Sayabouly Province
Summary of "Primary Health Care Program”
- Area of Intervention: Sayabouly Province, West of Lao PDR
- Direct beneficiaries: 40,422 children under the age of five
- Indirect beneficiaries: 106,754 women of reproductive age
- Overall objectives: Help close the gap on infant and child survival in Laos PDR through an innovative and proven healthcare programme that places a priority on women and children.
- Specific objectives: Provide training to healthcare workers and managers (e.g. midwives, nurses, doctors, health volunteers and administrators) to improve and expand quality delivery of healthcare services; strengthen district health management and robust systems in place; improve access to healthcare facilities; work with communities to solve chronic malnutrition