It is that time of year again and in 2016 you can Bike, Run or Walk to improve healthcare for Cambodian Children. Everyone at Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC) is gearing up for a great weekend full of excitement and sporting action and we’d love your support!
Whether you want to push yourself to your furthest limits, set a personal best or have some family fun during the 3km family fun run, the Angkor Wat International Half Marathon and Bike4Kids weekend is a wonderful opportunity to better your personal health and the health of Cambodia’s children!
We want you to join us for this special weekend! All money raised from AHC’s Race Team will directly support the 180,000+ treatments for children conducted each year at AHC.
Bike, Run, Walk and support AHC every step of the way! There are many ways for you to join the team over the course of the weekend whether you’re biking, running or walking as an individual or as a member of a team.
Please contact email@example.com to request your weekend registration form or for more information about any of the areas you can support AHC during the race weekend.
1. Be part of Team AHC: Register with our events team to bike, run or walk on behalf of Angkor Hospital for Children
2. Set up your own online campaign here at Simply Giving: click on the red "Start Fundraising" button. This site allows you to:
- Send the link of your personalized fundraising page to encourage friends and family to donate
- Donate funds you have raised in other ways on-line
3. Join us for the AHC Supporters Dinner on the 3rd December: We will be hosting a family-friendly, pasta buffet dinner to celebrate the success of our cyclists and share some tales from the day’s bike ride whilst preparing our running team for their big race! This dinner is a wonderful opportunity to meet our staff, visiting board members and international supporters while enjoying a craft beer at Siem Reap Brew Pub (and, most importantly, a chance to size up the competition!).
4. See the difference your support can make by visiting us at the Angkor Hospital for Children during one of our drop in tours on 3rd December.
Although the standard of living is steadily improving, Cambodians continue to suffer from endemic poverty. Many of the preventable illnesses we see on a daily basis at AHC are symptoms of deep-rooted poverty: everything from lack of decent shelter, scarcity of clean water, or lack of nutritious food and sanitation all contributes to the illnesses that our patients’ experience.
At Angkor Hospital for Children, $50 will pay the care of three patients within the OPD (Outpatient Department). $100 covers the cost of six physiotherapy sessions for patients suffering from chronic diseases such as cerebral palsy or post-surgical rehabilitation and, $250 covers the cost for one premature baby’s care in the Neonatal Unit for one day.
Every donation, no matter how big or small really does count!
For any further information about Angkor Hospital
for Children, the Angkor Wat Bike4Kids and
International Half Marathon Weekend, or how to get involved as a volunteer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org