Our charity club has been helping out the local community for over 20 years, providing free education and nature restoration programs.
We believe in an integrated approach, where a healthy community is educated on social, cultural and environmental issues, and comes into action, together!
In 2015, we organized our first annual event to raise environmental awareness, promote small sustainable businesses and support local artists and cultural initiatives.
Our 2 day festival, Alam dan Manusia (Malaysian for nature and mankind), will be held from 30 April - 1 May, in the middle of a beautiful mangrove forest. The area has been nominated for UNESCO candidacy, and needs our care and protection, as it's under threat of illegal logging and other activities. During the festival, we organize mangrove replanting activities, an educate the local community on sustainable ways of making a living.
Other activities during the festival:
* Local music and arts performances
* A photo competition themed "people and nature"
* Talks about local history, culture and nature
* Workshops on natural crafts
* Traditional games
* Activities to encourage a healthy lifestyle
* A market for local products
* A showcase of examples of a sustainable lifestyle
* Round the table discussons about sustainability
* Listing of sustainable business opportunities
* Highlighting local sustainable and social businesses
* Green innovations to use at home
* Sustainable tourism products