Global Environment Centre (GEC) runs River Care Programme which works towards protection, restoration and sustainable use of rivers; the MOST IMPORTANT SOURCE of our drinking water!
From 2004 to June 2014, GEC had trained 3000 River Rangers around Malaysia through various projects like the "1 State 1 River" programme, Community Engagement, Environment Education Programmes among schools and Corporate Capacity Building and CSR approach. We crucially need to reach out to more people and spread a greater awareness of our cause.
What Can You Do?
It is more important than ever to remind everyone that just because we are out of the dry season doesn’t mean the water drought is anywhere near over. When (and if) rain comes conserving water may be the last thing that comes to mind. However, water conservation should be a daily, year-round habit for all of us.
Tips on how YOU can help to conserve water:
- Soak and wash fruits/vegetables in a bowl/container.
- Install water saving devices.
- Turn off tap while brushing teeth or washing hands.
- Place rain barrels/pails to collect rainwater that can be used to flush toilets, wash car and water the plants during dry season.
- Keep track and reduce your monthly water usage.
P.S. Tax exemption receipt is for donation of RM50.00 and above.